Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I'm Reading.

As usual, I'm well behind the curve, but I'm currently (finally!) reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  It took me quite a while to get into it, but now I can't put it down.  In fact, I'm not even really going to finish this review, because I have to go finish this book.



It's really a fantastic book, and I am really in love with the characters.  I know next to nothing about Sweden, but the place isn't really a character, as in other books.  I sometimes find the translation a little...interesting, but overall it's really enjoyable and quite engaging.  It's also one of the most violent books I've read in recent memory, but it's not gratuitous.  Just necessary for this kind of plot, I suppose.  I'm sure once I'm done with this one, I'll be picking up the next two, and reading them in quick succession.  I've heard rumors of hidden forth and fifth books, and am quite hopeful that they exist.  In the meantime, back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment