Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blueberry Grunt.

It’s kind of like a cobbler, but not.  It definitely isn’t a pie either.  It’s a berry-filled, biscuit-topped glorious, easy-as-can-be summertime dessert. 

It looks beautiful and is easy to share.  It’s also a good way to use up berries that are just past their prime.  I’ve made it with just blueberries, but it’s also nice to add strawberries, raspberries or blackberries.

Perfect for potlucks this summer, since it can be served at room temperature and travels well (in the same dish in which it cooks).  I should also mention that it is eye-poppingly delicious served hot with ice cream.  I got the recipe from Vegan Yum Yum (so it’s even better, since I can share it with my vegan buddies).

I made this last weekend for my sweetie, and the results were unanimously satisfactory.  But I kind of forgot to take pictures until we'd eaten the whole thing.  Next time, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment