Sunday, June 20, 2010

Louise Bourgeois.

I’m not sure if I have anything more to add to what the Guardian had to say, but great celebration and gratitude is in order for the extraordinary Louise Bourgeois.  She lived such an amazing life and created some of my favorite sculpture of all time.  Her work engaged with some of the great themes of women’s lives and reveals an emotional vulnerability of which I am in awe.

I am deeply fortunate to have some of her pieces in my city-- on the roof garden of SFMoMA.  If you're in San Francisco, I strongly recommend going to see her piece, right in front of the Blue Bottle Coffee kiosk.

I was also lucky to see her work in Tokyo at Ropponggi Hills.



Farewell, beautiful woman.  And so many thanks for the incredible body of work you leave behind; I treasure so dearly the experience of witnessing your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment